“Breasts are very important for women. Their clothes just don’t hang right without them.- Jennifer Crusie.
Reasons for Sagging Breasts
Surprisingly, one of the key factors is cigarette smoking. There is a protein called elastic in our skin which is responsible for its elasticity and smoking breaks down this protein. Pregnancy is another cause of sagging breasts and the effects are more pronounced after multiple pregnancies. Other factors that cause sagging breasts such as menopause, rapid weight loss or gain, strenuous exercise, nutritional deficiencies & wearing a poorly fitting bra.
Lack of water takes a toll on the skin, and can make the skin over the breast look shrunken and dull. When there is less water in the body the skin doesn’t receive the requisite amount and might look flaky, dry and get wrinkled. This could lead to premature aging of the skin around the breasts making it lose firmness and thus sag.
Women with a bad posture have tendency of sagging breast or drooping breast.
Symptoms of Sagging Breasts
At mid-30s, a woman’s breasts start to lose fatty tissue resulting in a reduction of size and fullness. The ligaments and connective tissue in a woman’s breasts gives shape to her breasts and requires estrogen to remain elastic. As a woman ages, the amount of estrogen her body produces decreases and this has a negative effect on the elasticity of her skin and results in sagging breasts.
Diet Tips for Sagging Breasts
- One should always combine healthy eating with exercise, as this is the only way to reduce weight while keeping one’s skin firm. Drastic weight loss in a short span of time would definitely cause breasts to lose their fullness.
- It’s essential to eat foods that are nutritionally rich and contain proteins, vitamins, calcium, minerals, carbohydrates and essential fats etc.
- Pomegranate is considered a wonderful anti-aging ingredient and can help prevent sagging breasts.
- Certain seafoods have been widely known to help boost sex hormones and promote the growth of breast tissue. Manganese is the component in seafood like prawns, oysters, and shellfish that help accelerate estrogen and develop more breast tissue.
- Foods like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds or anise seeds are beneficial. They helps boost natural estrogen levels which also include cashew, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, Brussels sprouts, Kale, Spinach, tomatoes, onions, carrots, cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower and garlic etc.
Firming Breast Exercise
Most popular exercise to add firmness to breasts is to do push-ups. Overall, it will help to shape up the breast and reduce the excess fat deposits around the chest. Lifting weights can also strengthen pectoral muscles, including curls, chest presses, dumbbell flyers and many other variations can be tried. Swimming half an hour in the pool on a regular basis can firm up the breasts like nothing else. Swimming tightens up the muscles responsible for holding up the breasts. This is enough to lift the drooping breasts.
Home remedy- Multan mite powder 1 tbs, egg white & alo vera juice 6 drops. Make a paste & applying on the breast keep it till it gets dry – to be done twice a week.
Triggers to Avoid
Small sized or lack of coverage fitting Bras, metal framed bra or ring in the bottom of the cup , wrong sized bra can make breasts sag in no time. Not wearing a bra would not help as well. The best option would be to opt for bras with special support holders or pads at the bottom of the cup. These would keep the breasts in place and prevent sagging.
Some women who go bra less may actually have the right idea, and this has been suggested by new research. According to the results of a 15-year study in France, bras provide no benefits to women and may actually be harmful to breasts over time.
Nearly 500 women ( girls) aged 16 and 35, taking note of how the additional support provided by bras affects the body over time. Overall, it’s found that women who did not use bras benefited in the long term.
“There are many good inventions on earth, some useful, some pleasing: for their sake, the earth is to be loved. And there is such a variety of well-invented things that the earth is like the breasts of a woman: useful as well as pleasing.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche.